2021 TWMC Membership fee is £25 which includes a £20.25 BMC Affiliation fee. From 1st July Membership is half price. Members must be at least 18 years old. We regularly welcome prospective members at club events and have a dedicated New Members Rep to help you get to know us.
Tunbridge Wells Mountaineering Club is a British Mountaineering Council (BMC) affiliated club and endorses the BMC’s Participation Statement regarding risk – see image in footer. A proportion of your membership fee is used to affiliate you to the BMC as a ‘Club Member’.
- £15 million Combined Liability Insurance cover – protects Members, the Club and Committee
- Up to 15% discount at over 600 Outdoor Shops
- Summit Magazine – Club members receive one paper copy per year and can read all four copies in the iOS or Android App
- Get discounts on guidebooks and products in the BMC Shop
- Discounted Magazine Subscriptions: save 25% on Climber, Trail and more
- and more: https://membership.thebmc.co.uk/StaticPage/Benefits
BMC Club Members are eligible to:
- Purchase BMC Travel and Activity Insurance for an additional cost
- Buy a BMC Reciprocal Rights card to get discounts in Alpine huts
- Register for Mountain Training Instructor Schemes
- Upgrade your Club Membership to become an Individual BMC Member with extra benefits including £10,000 Personal Accident Insurance and 4 paper copies of Summit Magazine
BMC article ‘Why Join a Club?’ – https://www.thebmc.co.uk/why-join-a-club
Member of another BMC affiliated club?
If you wish to join the TWMC, you will need to pay our membership cost in full but can reclaim the BMC affiliation fee directly from the BMC. https://www.thebmc.co.uk/claiming-multiple-membership-refunds
e.g. TWMC Members who are also members of The Climbers Club can claim. The BMC usually send refunds in July and will ‘automatically’ refund future years assuming you remain eligible.
How to Join:
- Check out our New Member FAQs page
- Contact our New Members Rep
- Complete a digital membership form (for BMC Insurance and NHS Track & Trace)
- Come for a climb locally on sandstone or indoors (get to know other members and the Committee)
- Pay your membership fee (we’ll confirm once your membership has been accepted)